About Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc – Vietnam
The whole Vinpearl empire, including Vinpearl land and the seven 5-star Vinpearl hotels, resorts, and villas, occupies a vast area in the north of Phu Quoc island. Having heard a lot about their properties before, I was thrilled to check in at Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc and stay for 2 nights in early December this year.
Advertisements show that the hotel features 381 European-style rooms and 181 villas, a golf course (of course), several restaurants and bars, a tennis court, and a children’s playground. Of crucial importance is its private share of Bai Dai – one of the most beautiful beaches in Phu Quoc. Reading this made me extremely curious to explore this place.
Location: Northwest of Phu Quoc island, 34 km from the airport and 23 km from the night market.
This location is actually quite inconvenient to travel around the island. Therefore, the hotel offers complimentary airport transfers and two round-trip transfers to the center every day.
Price: From $140 per night at Deluxe Double / Twin.
TIP: Phu Quoc now exempts visas for all nationalities for up to 30 days. Why not visit this beautiful island while this exemption is still valid? One of the most trustworthy Vietnam visa companies is Vietnam Visa (www.vietnam-visa.com) –> Contact them for a free consultation!
What I love about Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc
Afternoon tea on the beach
While their afternoon tea set was fairly ordinary, the unique experience of enjoying afternoon tea while watching the sunset on the beach was beautiful beyond words.
As it became darker, my husband and I just sat silently and watched the last remnants of the day submerging in the sea. What a rare peaceful moment on this touristy island!
Pleasant buffet breakfast
The room rate at Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc already included daily buffet breakfasts at Beach House restaurant – a spacious and bright outlet with views of the garden and the beach.
My tips are simple: Don’t miss the Vietnamese dishes! Although this buffet breakfast features dishes from many different places in the world, the Vietnamese ones are the most authentic and well-made. My favorite items were the sticky rice (remember to add lots of toppings!), the steamed rice paper rolls (bánh cuốn) made live behind the counter, and the various noodle soups of the day, as well as the fruit counter with plenty of fresh tropical fruits. Yummy!
The most beautiful beach in Phu Quoc from November to March
When the taxi driver casually divulged to me that Bai Dai at Vinpearl was the most beautiful beach in Phu Quoc from November to March, I knew instantly that he was right. Look at how happy I was there!
TIP: The best time to visit Phu Quoc is from November to April. During this time of the year, it rains less and the sea becomes milder. There are also fewer tourists than in the summer, so you can have the whole beach to yourself.
Impressive room amenities
Have you ever expected to be welcomed into your hotel room by two dice and a $100 dollar note made from chocolate? I bet the answer is no.
Neither could I foresee that such a creative amenity would appear in my room at Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc. Albeit just a small touch, it was way too impressive for me to leave out when reviewing what I love about this resort!
Other than that, our room was also spacious and comfy and we were lucky to have a direct view of the beach from our room’s balcony. Watching the sunset from here with an aromatic cup of tea was as pleasant an experience as our afternoon tea on the beach.
Sumptuous lunch buffet
Featuring a wide variety of Vietnamese, Asian and Western dishes, the sumptuous lunch buffet at this resort was also what I really enjoyed.
1.3-meter flat outdoor pool
I’m not very good at swimming, so a flat pool with a height of only 1.3 meters is perfect for me!
Moreover, the pool here is also quite large. Guards are on watch all the time. There are also 2 smaller pools for kids nearby.
Reliable medical service
I have no photo of the Medical room here, yet its availability remains one of the factors that I really appreciate.
During our stay, my husband suddenly had a severe stomachache in the evening. I called Guest Service and was immediately connected to the Medical room, where I then ran to and received medications for my husband.
In addition, Vinpearl is directly connected to Vinmec hospital on Phu Quoc island. Therefore, guests can be transported to Vinmec hospital immediately should something urgent happen.
What could have been improved?
- The weak signals of in-room wifi make it quite difficult for me to work while on holiday!
- Although their lunch buffet features a wide range of cuisine, they only offer 2 seafood courses. Such a shame considering their seaside location!
- The resort only offers free transportation to and from the center at 2 specific time slots every day. Their buses leave the resort and head to the center at 3 pm and 5 pm. Then, the buses pick up people to go back to the resort at 7 pm and 9 pm. As it’s quite far from the center, there should be more time slots so that guests won’t have to catch a 300,000 VND one-way taxi to and from the center.
- Moreover, the resort’s location is a bit isolated from other attractions on Phu Quoc island. In-house guests here mostly just want to enjoy the onsite facilities, the theme park, and the safari nearby. If you stay here and want to explore the beautiful small islands in the south, you have to pay extra transportation fees for the tour company.
- Though the afternoon tea experience was truly delightful to me, there was actually nothing special about the pastries themselves. If you want to try this experience, don’t expect to be wowed by the food.
- For rooms with a direct beach view, it can be quite noisy when beach parties take place. I could still hear very loud music even after closing the door to the balcony!
I hope this comprehensive review will help you understand more about Vinpearl Resort & Golf Phu Quoc before making a reservation here.
Despite some room for improvement, this resort is still a great place for everyone to experience Phu Quoc in a memorable way.
–> Pin this review for your reference:
Note: This post contains some affiliate links which DO NOT COST YOU EXTRA when making purchases via their sites.