Hoi An might be more well-known for its ancient town, but its beaches are no less stunning. In fact, some of these beaches in Hoi An have even been voted among the best beaches in Asia and the world!
Whether you’re looking for a quiet beach to relax under the coconut trees or want to soak up some sun, these beaches will not disappoint! Read on to explore 6 of the best beaches Hoi An has to offer.
1. An Bang Beach Hoi An
Situated only 7 km from Hoi An Ancient Town, An Bang Beach has been awarded TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Award 2021 for the Top 25 Best Beaches in Asia and CNN’s Top 100 World’s Best Beaches in 2013.
The best time to visit An Bang Beach is from February to August, as the rest of the year can bring rain and storms. (I once visited An Bang Beach in October and had to watch it from afar while it was raining dogs and cats!)
Things to do at An Bang Beach Hoi An
There are plenty of things to do at An Bang Beach.
- Get up at 5 am to take some breathtaking photos of the sunrise. Sunset time at around 6 pm is no less stunning.
- Take part in water activities such as canoeing, gliding, kitesurfing, etc.
- Visit Tra Que Village to see how locals grow vegetables. It’s only a 10-min walk from An Bang Beach.
- Try some of the fresh seafood at the various restaurants here. Some highly recommended dishes are snail salad, grilled squids, steamed fish, etc.
- Buy local specialties such as Hoi An green bean cakes, Hong Dao local wine, baked coconut cake, etc. to bring home as gifts!
2. Ha My Beach Hoi An
Ha My Beach is one of Asia’s 16 most beautiful beaches as voted by The Telegraph in 2017. It’s not as popular as the other beaches Hoi An has to offer, so you’ll be likely to enjoy a peaceful experience while visiting here.
Things to do at Ha My Beach Hoi An
- Treat yourself to a luxurious stay at Four Seasons The Nam Hai Hoi An Resort. This stunning resort is voted one of the top 10 best resorts in South East Asia by Travel & Leisure’s World’s Best Awards in 2021.
- Relax on a hammock under the coconut trees
- Take as many photos as you want! Ha My Beach is an excellent spot for photography lovers, as there are not many people around and you can really make the most of the natural surroundings.
- Enjoy affordable seafood with a great taste
- Watch the sunrise and sunset over the water – it’s an unforgettable experience!
3. Cua Dai Beach Hoi An
Cua Dai Beach is located only 5 km from the town center, making it the most easily accessible beach in Hoi An.
After becoming severely destructed by big waves from the sea, Cua Dai’s public beaches have recently been revamped but are still not yet in their best shape.
Apart from typical beach activities, you can also hire a coracle (a type of boat made of woven wood) and go fishing at Cua Dai Beach. This is one of the activities that people enjoy the most when visiting here.
4. Binh Minh Beach aka Sunrise Beach Hoi An
Binh Minh beach is situated 20 km from Hoi An Ancient Town and one of the lesser-known beaches in Hoi An for tourists. However, this beach still has a lot to offer.
Things to do at Binh Minh Beach Hoi An
- Visit in the early morning to see a busy scene of local fishmongers gathering here to buy fresh seafood that has just been caught the night before.
- Try Muc Com, a type of local squid and a delicacy here
- If you visit this beach from the 4th to the 15th of January of the Lunar New Year, you can join their annual Le Hoi Cau Ngu (Fish Praying Festival) where locals praise for peace and safety in their fishing trips.
5. Tam Thanh Beach Hoi An
The furthest beach from Hoi An (47km from Hoi An Ancient Town), Tam Thanh Beach is still one of my most favorites! It’s a lovely clean beach with fewer tourists but still can be packed with locals during the weekend.
Things to do at Tam Thanh Beach Hoi An
- Visit Tam Thanh Mural Village to take photos with around 100 beautiful murals painted by Korean and Vietnamese volunteers
- Set up a camp on the beach to relax and breathe in the fresh air from the sea
- Visit a local fish sauce factory
- Enjoy flying fish grilled with chili – a local delicacy!
6. Beaches on Cham Island, Hoi An
A great day trip from Hoi An, Cham Island is best known for its pristine beaches and diverse marine species such as coral reefs and seagrass beds.
The island also belongs to the Cu Lao Cham-Hoi An Biosphere Reserve recognized by UNESCO. There are also several species of turtles that come to lay their eggs on the island’s beaches.
Tips to visit Cham Island, Hoi An
The best time to visit Cham Island is from March to August when the sea is calm and boats can come and go easily. You can get here by taking a speedboat for 20 minutes or embarking on one of the wooden tourist boats.
I’ve personally found it to be much less of a hassle to join a day tour to Cham Island from Hoi An, as all transportation and meals are included. Some tours also include exciting activities such as snorkeling, diving, and walking underwater.
Things to do at the beaches on Cham Island, Hoi An
Of all four beaches on Cham Island, Bai Ong and Bai Xep are the most beautiful. Things to do at these beaches on Cham Island include:
- Participate in various beach activities
- Go fishing on a local boat
- Visit the Cham Island Museum
- Enjoy some signature seafood
Summary of the 6 Stunning Beaches Hoi An has to offer
While exploring Hoi An Ancient Town should be on the top of your list, don’t forget to also visit one of these 6 stunning beaches Hoi An has to offer! From award-winning beaches to secluded ones on a lovely island, Hoi An’s beaches will not disappoint.
Have you been to any of these beaches in Hoi An before? Let me know by commenting below 🙂 If you need more inspiration to explore Hoi An, head to my previous post on 5 tips to enjoy Hoi An at its best here.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which won’t affect the price you pay when booking or making purchases.